Marlborough and Geneva

img_20150913_173704So, Bra Making Fever took me again ;) I ordered some bra kits and I just couldn’t stand the idea of letting them stay for longer than lets say: 3 days rest in my stash. An so directly after finishing my first test Marlborough I cut into this beautiful dark red lace and fabric and made another Marlborough! And matching undies for that matter. I ordered at sewy and there is always way to much fabric and lace in their kits. After making one pair of panties I still have enough left to make another bra or briefs.But I’m not complaining. The kits are really expensive and I only buy them because I know I will have too much fabric and elastic.

img_20150913_173651

I didn’t change much comparing to my previous version of this pattern. I lengthened the band a tiny little bit and used powermesh instead of regular mesh to line the bridge.

img_20150913_174514 img_20150913_174447

I also used plastic underwires for this bra. I found them on ebay. they are very flexible, it almost feels like I’m not wearing and underwired bra.

img_20150913_173732 img_20150913_173746

That got me thinking! I don’t think I need underwires. And now I git my eyes on the Watson bra ;) Haha! Last time I had an eye on the Boylston Bra and that didn’t last long, I bought the pattern and already made a test version ;) Ahh bra sewing is so much fun! Especially if the bra fits in the end :)

img_20150913_173828 img_20150913_173834

I again lined the whole bra, except for the lace part, because I used rigid lace this time. I took photos of the lining process. Seam allowances are always sandwiched between the fabric and the lining.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The fabric had more stretch to it than the fabric I used last tine. The bra wears a little different than the other one, it is more flexible and thus more comfortable. It is less supportive however, also because of the very flexible underwires, but I don’t think I need that much support.

img_20150913_174452 img_20150913_174520

I made matching Genevas from the leftovers. I wasn’t sure if that rigid lace would be very comfortable, but as the rest of the fabric is so stretchy it wears very well and I it didn’t feel peculiar or something when I wore those panties.

img_20150913_173735I still have fabric and elastic left, bur I also had another bra making kit waiting for me ;) So I just made one pair of undies.

img_20150913_173808I#M really satisfied with how this bra turned out. The topstitching and the seams are much neater than with my previous bras! I can literary see the progress I’m making and that makes bra making even more fun for me.

img_20150913_173704

Macht’s gut!

Katharina

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

4 thoughts on “Marlborough and Geneva

  1. Monserratt Lopez

    Uuuuuu!!!
    What a lovely pair of undies Kat!! I love the color and I didn’t think you could keep all of the seam allowances hidden! Looks great! :)
    I’m glad it fits better than the others!
    I can’t wait to see the next one! :)
    M

    Reply